2017.09.18 Annual General Meeting
SAC Annual General Meeting
Date: September 18, 2017
Meeting began at 7:00 PM
Opening – Brent Foster read from Psalm 136 and opened with prayer.
Call to Order (Harvey Jaehn, chair)
44 active members present
Approval of Agenda
MSC to approve the agenda as circulated.
Approval of Membership List
MSC to approve the membership list as circulated.
Approval of Previous Minutes
September 20, 2016 Annual Meeting Minutes – MSC
Chair turned over to Jeff DeHaan for the duration of the Board of Elders' Report
- Board of Elders by Harvey Jaehn
Chair returned to Harvey Jaehn.
- Transition Pastor submitted by Bob Claxton.
- Associate Pastor submitted by Nathan Pollock.
- Youth Pastor by Fred Ruskowsky.
- Director of Children's Ministry by Kelly Kozak.
- Kings Kids by Sara Kugler.
- Small Group Committee by Annamae Ruth.
- Worship Ministry by Dale Yushchyshyn.
- Missions Committee submitted by Nathan Pollock presented by Willis Kozak.
- Grace in Motion Committee by Jacquie Jaehn.
- Men's Ministry by Dale Yushchyshyn.
- Finance Team by Kelly Froese.
MSC to accept the reports as circulated/presented.
2016/2017 Financial Statement by Kelly Froese
- Deficit of $2k for 2016/2017.
- Mortgage outstanding as of June 30, 2017 is $609,977.
MSC to accept the Financial Statements as submitted.
2017/2018 Budget by Kelly Froese
- 2.5% decrease over last year – submitted a budget of $546,960.
- Includes some large expenditures for building maintenance work.
MSC to accept the budget as submitted.
Report of the Nominating Committee presented by Jeff DeHaan
- Reducing size of the board to 5 elders and the lead pastor.
- Nominates Kelly Froese to a second 3 year term as elder.
The report is taken as information.
Election of Elder
Vote for Kelly Froese taken by secret ballot.
Kelly Froese was elected with over 80% support of the ballots cast.
MSC to destroy the ballots.
Election to 2018 Nominating Committee
- Steve Heinen and LaDean Seibel were nominated from the floor.
MSC to close nominations.
MSC to declare the 2 nominees elected.
Harv Jaehn adjourned the meeting at 7:52 PM
Brent Foster closed in prayer.
The meeting was dismissed to the back of the sanctuary for refreshments and a fellowship time.