SAC Annual General Meeting
Date: September 20, 2016
Meeting began at 7:10 PM
Opening – Bob Claxton read from Psalm 150 and opened with prayer.
Call to Order (Harvey Jaehn, chair)
39 active members present
Approval of Agenda
MSC to approve the agenda as circulated.
Approval of Membership List
MSC to approve the membership list as circulated.
Recap of 2015-2016 Year – various praise reports from the floor.
Praise God for:
- By the numbers page describes various statistics
- Kid Kamp was well attended and a great success.
Approval of Previous Minutes
September 27, 2015 Annual Meeting Minutes – MSC
Chair turned over to Bob Claxton for the duration of the Board of Elders' Report
- Board of Elders by Harvey JaehnMembers of the congregation prayed for the board of elders.
Chair returned to Harvey Jaehn.
- Interim Leadership Team by Jeff DeHaan.
- Associate Pastor by Nathan Pollock.
- Youth Pastor by Fred Ruskowsky.
- Director of Children's Ministry by Kelly Kozak.
- Kings Kids by Sara Kugler. The congregation applauded Sara on the completion of her schooling.
- Small Group Committee by Annamae Ruth.
- Worship Ministry by Dale Yushchyshyn.
- Missions Committee by Nathan Pollock.
- Grace in Motion Committee submitted by Dyvonna Inkster and presented by Darrell Dalby.
- Finance Team by Kelly Froese.
MSC to accept the reports as circulated/presented.
2015/2016 Financial Statement by Kelly Froese
- Surplus of $24k for 2015/2016.
- Mortgage outstanding as of June 30, 2016 is $708,493.
MSC to accept the Financial Statements as submitted.
2016/2017 Budget by Kelly Froese
- Negligible increase ($500) over last year – submitted a budget of $585,832 requiring an increase in giving of 2.8% over 2015/2016 actual donations.
- We have permission from the district to reduce our mortgage payment if the need arises.
- Surplus from 2015/2016 is not being disbursed at this time due to volatility in giving.
MSC to accept the budget as submitted.
Report of the Nominating Committee presented by Nathan Pollock.
- Tim Beadle of the District in consultation with the Board of Elders has decided that the Board will not change for the 2016/2017 year while we are in transition.
The report is taken as information.
Election to 2017 Nominating Committee
- Willis Kozak and Rosane Houle were nominated from the floor.
MSC to close nominations and declare the 2 nominees elected.
Harvey Jaehn adjourned the meeting at 8:17PM
Closing Comments by Bob Claxton
- Reminds the congregation to do the survey.
- Encourages the congregation to reach out to the new people attending on Sunday morning.
Bob Claxton closed in prayer.
The meeting was dismissed to the Gathering place for refreshments and a fellowship time.